IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR APPOINTMENT!
- UNLESS MEDICAL ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED, WE REQUEST THAT ONLY THE PATIENT ENTER OUR OFFICE.
- IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING FEVER, COUGH OR COLD/FLU SYMPTOMS, YOU WILL NEED TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- HENDERSONVILLE: 828-693-1773
- ASHEVILLE: 828-277-8233
- SKYLAND: 828-820-2900
- COLUMBUS: 828-894-3037
Dear Carolina Ophthalmology Patients,
All of our offices are open normal business hours in order to care for patients. Please see below for an explanation on how our offices are continuing to respond to the current Covid-19 situation.
PROTECTING OUR PATIENTS
Carolina Ophthalmology is committed to safeguarding the health of our patients, staff and the public. In an effort to protect our patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, the following measures have been implemented:
- We are currently utilizing the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and from the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) to help us navigate through this unprecedented outbreak.
- If you are currently suffering from a fever or any upper respiratory or flu-like symptoms such as cough or sore throat, please do not come to our office, as we will be unable to see you unless you have received clearance from your primary care physician indicating those symptoms are not related to the coronavirus.
FURTHER MEASURES TO PROTECT YOUR HEALTH
- We are allowing patients to remain in our waiting rooms. However, we suggest that you practice social distancing.
- If you are scheduled for an appointment, please do not arrive more than 15 minutes early to your visit, as we will not always be able to accommodate early check-in. If you require assistance during your visit due to health issues such as mobility, or if a patient is suffering from dementia and needs assistance, we suggest bringing only one caregiver with you to your appointment. Non-essential guests are advised to remain in their vehicles rather than enter the office.
- In addition to our normal infection control protocols, we are taking additional measures to clean rooms in between patient visits.
- We have implemented additional measures to sterilize certain areas and some equipment such as the use of UV lights and air purifiers with HEPA filters.
- We are limiting the movement of patients in our office and isolating patients to one room when possible.
- We have suspended our coffee service and removed our magazines from all waiting areas.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to shake your hand during the visit, but rest assured we are grateful to have you as our patient!
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
- Remain calm and have patience as we work in an ever evolving “new normal” for offering care right now!
- If you are having any symptoms of a flu-like illness, including fever, cough or sore throat, we ask that you consider seeing your primary care physician for a diagnosis and for your peace of mind; and by all means, stay home until you have either been cleared from a diagnosis of COVID-19 or until you are fully recovered.
Beyond this, we need to take care of ourselves and each other by practicing CDC guidelines for good hygiene, social distancing and infection control.
Thank you for your patience and support as we work together to not only protect ourselves from the coronavirus, but to ensure that you are getting your needs met regarding your eye care. Please check back periodically on our website or social media for more information on our response as well as information you can use to stay healthy!
The Doctors and Staff of Carolina Ophthalmology